We are currently accepting resumes for Student Recreation Attendants for the Minden Hills Community Services Department for the 2022/2023 season (September to June).
Student Recreation Attendants provide assistance in developing and delivering recreation programs and initiatives in the Township of Minden Hills. Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with day-to-day administration and delivery of recreation programs and services
- Assisting with new programming opportunities, program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Responding to program related inquiries and providing appropriate feedback
- Assisting in developing and distributing marketing materials for programs and camps
Hours will be based on a maximum of twenty-four (24) hours per week, being days, evenings and weekends. The current rate of pay is $15.00/hour.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of age
- Enrolled in or returning to High-School, or Post-Secondary Institution
- Experience working with children is preferred
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Proven leadership, customer service & communication skills
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR (Level C), or willingness to complete
Upon final selection, the successful candidate will be required, at their own expense, a clean Vulnerable Sector Check from the Ontario Provincial Police or appropriate Police Force.
Please refer to the Position Description for further requirements and accountabilities, obtained on our website at www.mindenhills.ca, by calling 705-286-1260 ext. 513 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an open call for applications until the positions are filled. However, the Township may begin the process of reviewing and selecting applicants for an interview at any time during this recruitment period.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of application and a detailed resume of education and experience to:
Employment Opportunity – Student Recreation Attendants
Township of Minden Hills
7 Milne St, PO Box 359
Minden, ON K0M 2K0
Attention: Shannon Prentice, Deputy Clerk
We thank all who apply for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Township of Minden Hills is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation options to ensure full and equal access during the recruitment process, please contact our Human Resources Department. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used solely for the purpose of job selection.