At Compass ELC Minden, you will work as an Early Childhood Educator alongside some of the most passionate, caring, and dedicated educators in the industry. You will spend your time engaging, connecting, and learning alongside children, families, community partners, and co-workers. You are passionate about early learning and care, emergent curriculum, and life-long learning. You are energetic, resourceful, and creative in your pursuits of creating learning opportunities, building connections, and engaging with children and families. You will work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Shift times will rotate within the program hours.
Hours will be based on the needs and funding of the program. Program hours are 7 am to 6 pm.
Some accountabilities associated with the role include:
- Plan, lead and guide interest-based experiences surrounding children’s interests throughout the day.
- Observing and documenting children’s learning.
- Building relationships with families and including them in the learning process.
- Working as part of a team with Co-workers, Families, Community Partners and Children.
- Ensuring the safety of staff and children by learning and acknowledging all children’s diverse needs, and backgrounds, and creating equitable opportunities for all children to engage.
- Demonstrating respect for spaces by ensuring the safety and cleanliness of all equipment, furniture, and materials.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Is familiar with the Child Care Early Years Act, and licensing standards in a childcare program.
- Has experience working/volunteering with children and youth.
- Possesses the training and documents required by the Ministry of Education, Compass Early Learning and Care, and the Child Care Early Years Act to work in a childcare setting:
- Clear Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
- Updated immunization records (Or a signed and notarized refusal of affidavit or medical exemption).
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (* Applications for exemptions will be considered only for the protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code – disability (medical) and creed (religious). Accommodations, if granted, may vary from person to person and are not guaranteed).
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators, or has a post-secondary degree in a similar field (i.e. Child and Youth Care, Recreation and Leisure, Bachelor of Education, etc.)