We are currently seeking a Recreation Coordinator who is a highly motivated and energetic individual to join our Community Services Department. Reporting to the Manager of Parks, Recreation and Facilities, the Recreation Coordinator assists in safely planning and organizing recreational services, programs and activities for the Township of Minden Hills. Duties include the efficient and effective delivery of recreation programs and events including day camps, sports, special interest programs and community and facility events. The Recreation Coordinator assists in proactively establishing and fostering positive relations with a wide variety of community organizations and actively searching out partnerships that address the community’s changing needs.
This is a full-time, union position, based on thirty-five (35) hours per week, being variable shifts, including days, evenings, weekends and Statutory holidays as required. The current pay rate is $26.76/hour as per the LOCAL 4286 CUPE Collective Agreement. Earnings will be subject to Union dues.
- minimum college diploma in a related discipline, such as sports and recreation.
- A minimum of 1-year recent experience in a related position including a minimum of 6 months of recent experience working with volunteers, preferably at a volunteer coordination level is preferred.
- Knowledge of best practices related to volunteer coordination including team building and conflict resolution is required.
- Knowledge of recreation programs and demonstrated ability and good track record of innovative, creative delivery of programs
- Experience working with community groups, elected officials, and the general public
- solid planning/time management and organizational skills are required
- Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office software
- Possession of a valid “G” drivers license