We are currently seeking energetic and motivated individuals to join our Public Works team as Equipment Operators. Key responsibilities include providing a variety of construction activities, snow/ice removal, maintenance and repair services to roads, bridges, culverts, drainage and other road works maintenance.
Union, full time positions, based on forty-two (42) hours per week, with hours subject to change seasonally. The current rate of pay is $25.68/hour as per the LOCAL 4286 Collective Agreement – Schedule “A”. Earnings will be subject to Union dues.
- Minimum of Grade 12
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience operating at least two (2) of the following: Backhoe, Loader, Grader, Excavator in addition to either a Tandem axle truck or Single axle truck
- Thorough understanding of road construction and maintenance procedures
- Possession of and ability to keep a class D’Z’ Endorsement Driver’s License
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience operating a grader, or willingness to complete the required training
- Preference will be given to those candidates whose experience includes tandem axle truck
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook (email)
- TJ Mahoney Road School coursework certificates
- Surface Miner training (or willingness to obtain)
The following are considered Assets for the position:
- Chainsaw training
- Certification in the Ontario Traffic Manual Book 7
- First Aid & CPR/AED
The position requires the operation of equipment and undertaking of construction and maintenance projects in extreme weather conditions as well as moderate to heavy physical demands related to manual labour with regular exposure to dirt, dust, oil, grease, noise, vibration, weather conditions, hazardous materials and chemicals.
Applicants may be required to complete written, practical and/or technical testing as part of the interview process.
Upon final selection, the successful applicant will be required to provide, at their own expense, a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters check from the Ontario Provincial Police or appropriate police force as well as a clean Driver’s Abstract.
Please refer to the Position Description for further requirements and accountabilities, which may be obtained by contacting the Deputy Clerk at email@example.com or 705-286-1260 ext. 513.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and a detailed resume of education and experience by 12:00 noon, September 30, 2022. The Township may begin the process of reviewing and selecting applicants for an interview at any time during this recruitment period.
Public Works Equipment Operator Career Opportunity
Township of Minden Hills
7 Milne St, PO Box 359, Minden, ON
Attention: Shannon Prentice, Deputy Clerk
We thank all who apply for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Township of Minden Hills is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation options to ensure full and equal access during the recruitment process, please contact our Human Resources Department. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used solely for the purpose of job selection.