REPORTING TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
SIRCH Community Services is a non-profit organization that has spent 33 years creating, incubating and delivering community-based programs, training and social enterprises in Haliburton County, as well as other communities. SIRCH’s board, staff, and volunteers are committed to creating resilience, encouraging connection and reducing poverty. We partner with a broad array of businesses, organizations, and individuals in many sectors knowing that together we can do more.
A certified Living Wage Employer, SIRCH is passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all staff and volunteers. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
As the Marketing Communication Manager, your job is to increase awareness of our charitable organization, its values, mission, programs and social enterprises, and to increase participation by each of our stakeholders (clients, customers, volunteers, donors, etc), all within the Corporate Strategic Plan and brand image guidelines. You will effectively market SIRCH charitable programs and social enterprises to positively influence our profile, reputation and growth. You will communicate what we do and the impact of our work in the most positive and accurate way, through social media, print media, web and broadcast media.
- Develop and run social promotions and campaigns that create excitement among all target audiences, bringing our brand to life and keeping it consistent across all our various touchpoints
- Create marketing content (e.g. posts, ads, newsletters, videos, website copy, blog posts) to articulate the benefits of our programs, training and social enterprises to the community.
- Ensure content is accurate, beautiful and compelling.
- Manage social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Help convert audiences, and followers into donors, volunteers, customers, and/or active fans and promoters of our organization.
- Manage design and layout needs such as advertisements, presentations, menus, labels, logos, signage, etc., ensuring the final product is branded and professional
- Collect and analyze market research data.
- Identify potential markets and test them.
- Decide which media format (print, television, radio, web, billboard etc.) best suits the assignment.
Past employers would speak of how you are organized, focused, can easily juggle multiple tasks, and thrive in a busy workplace. People would say you are likeable, a great communicator, willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
You have integrity, and sincerely care about making the world a better place, one community at a time.
- A high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Excellent written and editorial skills.
- Experience with content marketing (blogs, asking questions, answering questions, responding to queries), social media marketing, and keyword strategy.
- Knowledge of the principles of composition, and how specific fonts/images can influence a reader
- Advanced computer skills, including graphic design, layout and image editing software such as Adobe InDesign and Photoshop and ability to create a clear flow of information.
- Stellar written and oral communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of current and relevant markets and market trends.
- Proficient in analytics and market testing.
- Well organized with excellent time management to balance many projects at once
- An understanding of the not-for-profit sector and how it is different from for profit
- Positivity and optimism.