This job has been expired
Reporting to the Director of Public Works, the Manager of Waste Facilities leads the day-to-day operations of the Township’s Waste Facilities. Key areas of responsibility include; monitoring, planning, developing waste facilities; supervision of waste facility Staff; coordination of waste facility contractors; research and development of waste programs; acts as the liaison for the Township waste facility sites. The Manager of Waste Facilities ensures supervisory and safety components are met and will respond to public inquiries on a regular basis. The Manager of Waste Facilities is required to be on-call and may be required to work extended hours as required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in progressively responsible related positions, including a minimum of 2 years in the supervision of unionized staff and the administration of employment policies is required.
- SWANA certification or willingness to complete
- CPR/First Aid Certification or willingness to complete
- Working at Heights Certification, or willingness to complete
- Possession of a valid “G” Drivers license
- Proven excellent knowledge of waste management/diversion
- Knowledge of other public works operations or willingness to obtain
- Excellent knowledge of related legislation, pertinent to waste facility operation and maintenance such as Environmental Protection Act, Highway Traffic Act, Municipal Act, Technical Standard and Safety Act, OHSA, Drainage Act, Endangered Species Act
- Proven excellent knowledge of waste facility processes, procedures, policies, directives and guidelines
- Thorough knowledge of equipment, vehicles and materials used in waste facilities programs and services
- Excellent supervisory skills and should be competent in the interpretation and application of employment policies, regulations, acts, guidelines and a Collective Agreement
- Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office Suites
- Flexible, adaptive and responsive to change