As part of the management team, the Junior Project Coordinator ensures that processes and procedures, related to contract management, are adhered to by everyone. The Junior Project Coordinator will be familiar with all contract documents (contract, drawings, execution schedules, labor schedules, specifications, addendums and all other pertinent documents), to make certain that projects are managed accordingly and efficiently. The Junior Project Coordinator will also be responsible for resolving, and/or assist in resolving, issues related to contract management. The Junior Project Coordinator is the main liaison between the installation department and the customer.
- Assist to coordinate and distribute contract material (drawings, specifications, project schedule, labour schedule, material & equipment delivery schedules, etc.).
- For every project, the Junior Project Coordinator will produce project correspondence, record labour hours, and Project Material & Equipment Delivery Schedules.
- Maintain logs of project information
- Produce monthly Contract Cost Status Report – WIP, for all projects as required
- Work alongside and assist Installation Manager
- Resolve and/or assist in resolving, contract issues as they arise.
- Maintain and update the “Change Orders Registry”; distribute necessary material throughout the department as required
- Follow up on material status, and advise status updates on projects
- Follow up with superintendents to make sure deficiency lists are completed as planned
- Provide training certificates and safety documents for projects as required
- Procure all necessary permits related to projects execution.
- Enforce the company’s adherence to federal, provincial and municipal legal requirements, related to project execution.
- Establish and update records of all correspondence related to contract activity.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Prepare special reports and analyses as required.
- Prepare Shop Drawings as Required
- Prepare and send out warranty documentation and closeout documents
- Prepare LEED documents as required
- Prepare JHA’s as required
- Contribute to team efforts to manage projects and ensure their on-time completion, on budget, within specification, accident free and to customers’ satisfaction
- Customer communications.
- Other duties will be assigned as required.
- CET Designation an asset
- Minimum of two years of experience in construction contract administration an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of laws and regulations related to the construction industry
- Maintain and continue to develop professional and technical knowledge
- Ability to write, and interpret contractual agreements
- Educational background in Project Coordination or Management
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Proactive problem solver and task oriented.
- Proficient with computer applications, in particular AutoCAD, Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
Start date: August 15, 2022