We are currently seeking a Customer Service Representative who is a highly motivated and energetic individual to join our Community Services Department. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for delivering a broad range of customer service activities including general customer service, responding to enquiries from the public, facility users, program participants and staff and providing basic clerical and administrative support to the Director of Community Services or designate(s).
This new position is non-unionized with work hours based on a maximum of 24 hours/ week to a maximum of 48 hours every 2 weeks as well as for occasional special projects, with hours being variable shifts including evenings and weeknds. The rate of pay for this position is $18.54/hour.
- A minimum of Grade 12
- A minimum of one (1) year recent experience in a related position is required, and within a similar setting
- Possession of a valid “G” Driver’s Licence
- Knowledge of and skill base in clerical functions and basic financial functions
- Basic knowledge and experience with with word processing (MS Word), spread sheets (MS Excel) and presentation (MS PowerPoint) software
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
- A college diploma in Office Administration, or equivalent
- Experience operating facility booking management software
Prior to the final selection for this position, the candidate will be required to provide, at their own expense, a clear Vulnerable Sector Check from the Ontario Provincial Police or appropriate police service.
Please refer to the Position Description for further requirements and accountabilities, which may be obtained by contacting the Deputy Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-286-1260 ext. 513. Please note that this position description is pending pay equity review.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and a detailed resume of education and experience by 12:00 noon, August 26, 2022. The Township may begin the process of reviewing and selecting applicants for an interview at any time during this recruitment period.
Customer Service Representative Career Opportunity
Township of Minden Hills
7 Milne St, PO Box 359
We thank all who apply for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Township of Minden Hills is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation options to ensure full and equal access during the recruitment process, please contact our Human Resources Department. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used solely for the purpose of job selection.