We are currently seeking a Cultural Program Coordinator who is a highly motivated and energetic individual to coordinate and deliver programs and services at the Minden Hills Cultural Centre. Key responsibilities will include; delivery of program services and special events, including a complete package of culture and heritage programs and services. Duties will also include assisting with archives, gallery, and collections administration.
This is a full time, union position, based on a thirty-five (35) hour work week, being variable shifts, including days, evenings, weekends and Statutory holidays as required. The current rate of pay is $22.14/hour as per LOCAL 4286 Collective Agreement, pending review. Earnings will be subject to Union dues.
- Minimum of a one (1) year Museum, Cultural, Fine Art Studies, Public or Educational Programming, or related postgraduate certificate
- A minimum of one (1) year of public programming and events, and six (6) months of collections management work experience
- Proficiency and experience with word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel), presentation (MS PowerPoint) and Past Perfect Collections Management software
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Communication, interpersonal and customer service skills to address requests, complaints, and exchange and clarify information and ability to maintain curtesy and tact at all times.
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience working with volunteers.
Prior to the final selection for this position, the candidate will be required to provide, at their own expense, a clear Vulnerable Sector Check from the Ontario Provincial Police or appropriate police service.
Please refer to the Position Description for further requirements and accountabilities, which may be obtained on our website.