We are seeking a highly motivated estimating professional with project management experience to join #teamhawkriver. The successful candidate will: specialize in civil and/or landscape construction and its corresponding laws and operations; will have strong team management skills, and a thirst to provide results.
The following responsibilities describe the principal functions and duties of the position and will not be construed as a detailed description of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job:
– Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids or tenders, quotations, blueprint drawings and specifications
– Prepare cost and expenditure statements and forecasts at regular intervals for the duration of a project
– Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
– Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors
– Manage and co-ordinate construction projects and prepare construction progress schedules
– Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
– Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
– Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
– Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
– Direct the purchase of building materials
– Supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff
– Represent the company with dignity and tact when dealing with the public or professional events
– Other duties as required.
– Completion of a 2 or 3 year college program in civil, construction engineering technology or equivalent; or several years of experience as a qualified tradesperson in a construction trade
– 5+ years of experience in the construction industry, including equivalent experience as a construction supervisor or field superintendent
– Exemplary oral and written English communication; ability to speak publicly, and have a charismatic personality is preferred
– Extreme proficiency to detail and highly organized
– Ability to work in high pressure environments
– Ability to be held accountable for multiple priorities
– Motivational leadership skills
– Highly proficient with all Microsoft applications and general computer skills
– Ability to solicit potential leads through various avenues
– Valid Ontario G License
– Ability to commute/relocate to Haliburton, Ontario.
– Holder of BCIN
– Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
Hawk River Construction Limited is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process will be provided to applicants upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture visit: www.hawkriver.ca