We are looking for a Co-Lead to share the management of the Thrift Warehouse, a charitable social enterprise managed by SIRCH Community Services. As a Thrift Warehouse Co-Lead you are driven by a deep sense of purpose. You take action to make a positive difference every day, and you inspire others to do the same. Our Co-Leads bring the SIRCH mission to life by managing store operations, driving financial success, building great teams, and being a place where everyone, regardless of circumstance, is welcome. They delight and uplift customers through a human connection. They model hard work and positivity.
The 8,000 square foot Thrift Warehouse creates jobs, trains people, offers affordable gently used goods (furniture, clothing, housewares and much more), and diverts tens of thousands of reusable goods from landfill.
Reports to: executive director
- Previous business and managerial experience with proven results
- Understanding of and affinity for marketing/social marketing and sales
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- A solution-focused approach and good conflict resolution skills
- Top notch organizational and time management abilities
- Able to lead and inspire a staff team
- Understand and embrace the charitable mission of SIRCH
- Possess strong initiative to actively seek out tasks and improve service
- Think outside the box without colouring outside the lines
- Experience working in a volunteer-based organization is considered an asset.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The key responsibilities of the Co-Lead position include the following:
- Communicate the story of SIRCH Community Services and TPS Haliburton Holdings and develop rapport through intentional interactions with donors, local businesses, organizations and volunteers
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and gratitude with all donors, volunteers and visitors
- Be involved in all aspects of the store, including receiving, sorting and pricing donations, managing cash, interacting with customers, overseeing volunteers
- Ensure compliance with all provincial and organizational health and safety polices and procedures
- Ensure compliance with SIRCH Thrift Warehouse required processes
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Complete all financial/operational paperwork and submit same to Financial Manager in a timely manner, and in accordance with organization standards
- Develop strategies to raise our customer pool, expand store traffic and optimize profitability
- Train, motivate, mentor and provide feedback to Thrift Warehouse staff
This is a permanent full-time position at 37.5 hours per week
- Flexibility in work schedule is required
- Work is typically Tuesday to Saturday
- This job requires the ability to lift/ move up to 25 lbs. and reach, bend, twist, and crouch frequently; work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Travel may be required for this position, to attend meetings etc.
- There will be periods of high-volume workload with significant people interaction (staff, guests, and volunteers)
- A Vulnerable Sector Police Check is required
- This position requires the use of a company vehicle. Candidate must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and will need to consent to a driver’s abstract request.